Homemade Fry Bread Tacos
Recipes of day - Homemade Fry Bread Tacos
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can pinto beans, with liquid
- ½ cup picante sauce, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- Fry Bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 cup milk oil for frying
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine beans and 2 tablespoons of picante sauce in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Combine ground beef and taco seasoning mix in a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook until browned, 5 to 8 minutes. Cover, and keep warm while you prepare the fry bread.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk and mix until the dough comes together. Add more flour if necessary to be able to handle the dough.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough until smooth, at least 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes. Break off ¾ cup sized pieces of dough, and shape into round discs ¼ inch in hickness, making a thinner depressed area in the center.
- Heat 1½ inches oil in a large, deep heavy skillet to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C). Fry dough in the hot oil until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Top fry bread with beans, ground beef, lettuce, and Cheddar cheese. Spoon picante sauce on top.
Homemade Fry Bread Tacos: http://spr.ly/61828du3r
Posted by Allrecipes on Monday, April 24, 2017