Who knew cabbage could be this sexy?
- 4 slices thick bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small head green cabbage, cored and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley leaves, for serving
- In a large heavy-bottomed skillet, cook bacon until crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to a paper towel–lined plate, leaving the drippings in the skillet.
- Add onion to the skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add cabbage and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Return bacon to the skillet and toss to combine. Cook 1 minute to heat through. Top with parsley and serve hot.