Red Wine Butter
WINOS: You'll want to put this Red Wine Butter on everything.
- 1 c. red wine
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp. honey
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- In a small saucepan, combine wine, rosemary, bay leaf, and honey. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until wine has reduced to about 2 tablespoons, 10 to 12 minutes. (It should be thick and syrupy, like maple syrup.)
- Remove rosemary and bay leaf from wine. In a large bowl, combine butter, garlic, and reduced red wine. Season with salt and pepper and use a hand mixer or spatula to combine until smooth. Fold in chives and transfer mixture to a large piece of plastic wrap. Tightly wrap butter and form into a rounded stick. Twist ends of plastic wrap to seal and refrigerate until firm.
- Slice butter into pats when ready to serve.