White Chocolate Raspberry Tiramisu
White Chocolate Raspberry Tiramisu is a light and refreshing twist on a classic that you will want to serve all year long. Perfect as a...
- 1 - 600 gm. pkg. of frozen raspberries, thawed and drained (21 oz.)
- 6 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ½ cup Triple Sec or Orange Liqueur
- ½ cup cold water
- 6 eggs yolks
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2- 275 gm. containers of mascarpone cheese (10 oz. each)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2- 150 gm. pkg ladyfinger biscuits (5 oz. each)
- 2- 1 oz. square white chocolate, finely grated
- Place raspberries in a bowl and add the 6 Tbsp. sugar and let macerate while you prepare the mascarpone filling.
- Next, prepare the syrup by combining the sugar and hot water and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the orange liqueur and the cold water.
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Cook for about 10 min. stirring constantly. Some crystals may form on the bowl, and be careful not to stir them in as you will get a gritty custard.
- Remove from heat and transfer carefully to another bowl, trying not to add many crystals if they have formed.
- Whip yolks until thick and lemon-colored. Add the mascarpone to the whipped yolks. Beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the yolk mixture and set aside.
- Dip each ladyfinger in the syrup and then line a 9X13″ pan with them.
- You may have to trim some to fit. Spoon half of the raspberries and their juice on top of the fingers.
- Spoon half of the cream filling over the ladyfingers.
- Top with half of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers, with ladyfingers, raspberries, and cream filling.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate.
- Refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
All rights and material belong to owners noshingwiththenolands.com