Prosciutto Wrapped Baked Brie in Pastry
A deliciously popular appetizer that’s perfect for holiday entertaining and always a crowd favorite!
- 18-12 ounce wheel of brie cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoon fig preserves
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4-8 slices thin prosciutto
- 1 egg, beaten
- coarse sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Lay the puff pastry flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the brie in the center of the pastry. Cut the brie on top in a crosshatch pattern. Spread the fig preserves over the brie, then drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with thyme and pepper. Wrap the prosciutto around the brie. Then fold the corners of the pastry over the brie. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is deep golden brown.
- EAT and enjoy with your favorite bread or crackers!
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com