Baked Feta Bites in Phyllo Pastry
Baked feta bites in phyllo pastry are fun little appetizers, perfect for any occasion. A drizzle of honey balances the saltiness of the cheese and brings these bites into a whole new level!
- 1 block feta cheese (200 grams), see note 1
- phyllo pastry, see note 2
- extra virgin olive oil, see note 3
- honey, to drizzle over each bite, to taste
- sesame seeds, to sprinkle over each bite, see note 4
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit (200 Celsius).
- Pat dry feta cheese with paper kitchen towels. Cut it into 12 equally looking cubes.
- Take a sheet of phyllo pastry. Lay it onto a chopping board (or any surface you can cut on) and cut it into 4-6 pieces. It does not really matter what length they are (a minimum is 10-inches/25-centimeters) but they have to be wide enough so that you can wrap a cheese cube in it (check photos for easy understanding). Cut as many sheets as you need (see note 5).
- Take one small sheet and brush olive oil all over it. Place one feta cube in the center of the short end’s edge. Wrap one side of the filo pastry over (like if you wanted to wrap a parcel/gift). Brush this side with oil and cover with the other side of filo so it overlaps it. Again, brush with oil. Now, wrap the cube in the rest of the filo sheet by “rolling it”.
- Secure with a toothpick and brush the top with little oil. Transfer onto a baking tray lined with baking paper (optional) and repeat with the rest (see photos for easy understanding).
- Bake at 400 Fahrenheit (200 Celsius) for 10-15 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- When ready, take them out, transfer onto a serving plate. Drizzle with honey (you can be generous) and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
All rights and material belong to owners appetizeraddiction.com