Churro Lava Cakes
When you really want to impress, make these. They're like molten lava cakes, but better because of the caramelized cinnamon sugar crust.
- FOR THE FILLING
- ¾ c. semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- FOR THE CAKES
- ⅔ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened, plus more for ramekins
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon sugar, for ramekins
- ⅓ c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Make the filling: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate and heavy cream on high for 30 seconds and stir. Continue to microwave and stir in 10 second increments until chocolate is just melted and the mixture is combined. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll into balls, about 30 minutes.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop chilled filling into 4 balls and freeze until solid, about 30 minutes.
- Make the cakes: Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside. Coat four 6-ounce ramekins with a thin even layer of butter, then coat with cinnamon sugar, knocking out any excess.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Beat in vanilla. Add dry ingredients and continue to beat on medium-high speed for 1 minute.
- Arrange ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet and divide batter among ramekins. Using a spoon, make a divot in each ramekin and place a ball of frozen filling. Do not press down.
- Bake until cakes are golden and firm to the touch, 25 to 28 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Carefully invert cakes onto plates and serve warm.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com