A good bolognese takes time, which is why we think it's the perfect dish for you to tackle this weekend.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- ⅓ c. red wine
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 c. water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 c. milk
- 1 lb. pappardelle
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add ground beef. Break meat up with a wooden spoon and cook until no longer pink. Drain grease.
- Return pot over medium heat and season with salt and pepper. Add tomato paste and stir until meat and vegetables are well coated. Add wine and cook until almost completely reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, then pour water into can and swirl water around the can to catch the extra tomato juice. Pour into pot along with oregano and red pepper flakes. Season with more salt and pepper. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Add milk, then return to a simmer and continue simmering for 30 more minutes. Add more salt and pepper as needed.
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain.
- Spoon desired amount of bolognese over pasta and top with Parmesan.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com