Simple Coconut Chicken Curry
This chicken curry with yummy Indian-inspired flavors has a sweet sesame mango topping. It's easy to make and ready in 30 mins - so delicious!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons regular or spicy curry powder
- 3-4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 2½ cups canned coconut milk
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet, combine the oil, chicken, curry powder, and a pinch of salt. Set over medium-high heat, then cook 3 minutes. Add the curry paste, tomato paste, butter, garlic, and ginger. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, then pour in the coconut milk. Season with salt. Cook 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the cilantro. Serve the chicken and sauce over rice and with mango topping on the side (recipe below).
- SESAME MANGO TOPPING
- In a bowl, mix 1 diced mango, 1 cup chopped cilantro, 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and a pinch of chili flakes. Serve with the chicken.
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com