Coconut Curry Shrimp & Peas
Coconut Curry Shrimp & Peas is the easiest weeknight dinner.
- 1 tbsp. virgin coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (2") piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped (about 1 tbsp.)
- ½ serrano chile, very thinly sliced, seeds removed if desired for less heat
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 (14-oz.) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1½ lb. jumbo (16/20) shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 (10-oz.) bag frozen petite peas (about 2 c.)
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Cooked white or brown rice and lime wedges, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion, ginger, chile, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent and ginger and garlic are fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, garam masala, paprika, and turmeric and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add coconut milk, brown sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt; bring to a simmer. Add shrimp and cook, tossing shrimp a few times, until just about cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Add peas and spinach and cook, tossing, until spinach is wilted, peas are warmed, and shrimp is cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Stir in lime juice; season with more salt, if needed.
- Divide rice among bowls. Top with shrimp mixture. Serve with lime wedges alongside.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com