Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake
I scream, you scream, we all scream for... Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake! This summer dessert is easier than you think!
- 30 golden sandwich cookies, divided
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 5½ c. vanilla ice cream, slightly softened, divided
- 4 c. strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
- 1½ c. freeze-dried strawberries, divided
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8”-x-8” baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2” overhang on each side.
- In a food processor, blitz 20 golden sandwich cookies and salt to fine crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until crumbs are the texture of wet sand. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan and freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix 4 cups vanilla ice cream until smooth and spread on partially frozen crust. Freeze for at least 30 minutes more.
- In the same bowl, mix strawberry ice cream until smooth. Stir in ½ cup freeze-dried strawberries. Spread on vanilla layer. Freeze for 30 minutes more.
- Pulse remaining 10 sandwich cookies and remaining 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries in the food processor until they form pea-sized crumbs.
- In the same bowl, mix the remaining 1 ½ cups vanilla ice cream until smooth and spread on strawberry layer. Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over top, pressing down to ensure they stick.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or until firm, or cover and freeze up to 1 week. Lift the cake out of the pan using the paper overhang. With a sharp knife, cut into 9 square or 12 rectangular pieces and serve.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com