Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream Cake
Give me ice cream cake, or give me death!
- 750 g Oreo Thins
- 750 ml double cream
- 40 g icing sugar
- 140 g peanut butter (plus more, melted, to drizzle)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Using a hand mixer (or a stand mixer with a whisk attachment), beat until mixture is slightly fluffy and very soft peaks form. Add peanut butter and beat until very fluffy and stiff peaks form.
- Dollop a small amount of the peanut butter whipped cream on your serving platter. (This will help prevent the cake from sliding.) Arrange 18 Oreos in a circle.
- Spread a thin layer of whipped cream over Oreos. Arrange next layer of Oreos on top, placing cookies in between cookies from the previous layer instead of right on top. (This gives the outside of the cake the scalloped look!)
- Continue layering Oreos and peanut butter whipped cream until you run out of whipped cream.
- Crush a few leftover Oreos and sprinkle the crushed pieces over the cake to decorate.
- Cover loosely with cling film and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to serve, heat a further 2tbsp peanut butter in microwave for about 30 seconds, or until it melted. Drizzle over cake before serving.