Summer Salad with Herbed Ricotta
Summer Salad with Herbed Ricotta and Balsamic Vinaigrette – a simple salad with heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers and radishes, all drizzled with a simple balsamic vinaigrette and a dollop of herbed ricotta!
- For Herbed Ricotta
- ⅓ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 basil leaves (chopped finely)
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (chopped finely)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- For Salad
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes (cut into ½ inch slices)
- ½ English cucumber (sliced)
- 6 radishes (sliced)
- ½ red onion (sliced)
- 1 serrano pepper (chopped)
- ¼ cup basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta cheese with the basil, fresh oregano and thyme. Set aside.
- In another small bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the tomato slices, cucumber, radishes and onion on a large platter then drizzle with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper if needed, then top with serrano peppers and dollop ricotta mixture evenly over the tomato slices.
- Garnish with fresh basil and oregano.
- Serve immediately.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com