Grilled Honey-Chipotle Salmon Foil Packets with Summer Squash
Rather than worry about the fish sticking to the grates or flipping the flaky flesh, you'll fold the salmon up in tin foil instead. It's not just fish inside, either—there's a medley of zucchini and yellow summer squash with a smoky honey-chipotle sauce.
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. chipotle chili powder or regular chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- 4 (6-oz.) skin-on salmon filets
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 summer squash, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ¼ c. packed basil leaves, torn
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, whisk butter, honey, chipotle chili powder, garlic, and ½ teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Season both sides of salmon with ¾ teaspoon salt. In a medium bowl, toss zucchini, summer squash, and red onion with ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Lay four 12”-by-16” pieces of foil on a flat surface. Divide vegetable mixture between foil packets, filling up half of the center of each piece of foil. Arrange salmon next to vegetables. Drizzle salmon and vegetables with the chipotle sauce (stir to combine before using if separated), dividing evenly. Fold and seal edges of foil to create a packet.
- Grill, covered, until salmon is cooked through and squash is tender, rotating packets half way through, 11 to 14 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve with lime wedges.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com