Seasoned chicken breast gets pan-seared until golden brown, smothered in a strawberry chipotle sauce, and topped with fresh strawberry-jalapeño salsa to create this playful, bright dish.
- 2 tbsp. neutral oil, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lb. total)
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- 2½ tsp. kosher salt, divided, plus more
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for serving
- 16 oz. strawberries, stemmed, halved, sliced, divided
- 3 jalapeños, seeded, chopped, divided
- 2 shallots, chopped, divided
- ½ c. plus 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped, plus 1 tsp. adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Pat chicken dry; season both sides with pepper, garlic powder, and 2 teaspoons salt. Add chicken to skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 160°, 7 to 8 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss cilantro, 1 cup strawberries, ⅓ cup jalapeños, 2 tablespoons shallots, 1 tablespoon vinegar, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- In same skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Cook remaining jalapeños and shallots and a pinch of salt, stirring occasionally, until shallots start to soften, about 2 minutes. Add remaining ½ cup vinegar and stir to deglaze, scraping bottom of skillet. Stir in chile, adobo sauce, BBQ sauce, honey, and remaining strawberries. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened and strawberries have started to cook down, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet to heat through. Spoon strawberry salsa over. Top with cilantro.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com