Millionaire Bacon BLT
But if you ask me, this blt sandwich made with candied bacon, candied tomatoes and jalapeno cream cheese is the best.
- Millionaire’s Candied Bacon
- Brown Sugar
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2–3 slices thick bacon per sandwich (thin is optional)
- 2 hearty white slices sandwich bread per blt
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- ¼ of a large white onion
- 1 seeded jalapeno, diced into small pieces
- 1 to 2 T mayonnaise
- ½ t garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Candied Tomatoes
- 1 medium sized tomato sliced/per person
- Brown sugar
- Iceberg lettuce
- Millionaire’s Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and then place a wire rack on it.
- Place bacon on the rack in the opposite direction that the wires run.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar-about 1 t per slice- and rub into the bacon to cover each slice well.
- Using you pepper grinder, grind a liberal amount of black pepper over each slice.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until bacon is golden brown. Keep in mind that it will crisp up after removing from oven. Because of the sugar on the bacon, it will burn fast. I don’t mind it a little burnt, but some do so be sure to mind the bacon!
- Remove from oven when bacon is ready and set aside to cool.
- Candied Tomatoes:
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice each tomato into ½″ slices, about 4 per tomato. Dip each slice into olive oil and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar and black pepper. (Just like the bacon.)
- Roast for about 25 – 30 minutes or until edges are a bit crispy. They will still be soft, however you can also do this with a batch of small cherry tomatoes. Toss those with oil and roast whole. They can be eaten just like candy!
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese
- I put everything into a 4 cup measuring cup and using my immersion blender, blend until soft and creamy. You can add more mayo if needed.
- To assemble:
- Toast bread lightly. ( I have also seen where one is to bake the bread so that way one side of the bread is still soft. In this case, the toasted side is the side that you spread the cream cheese on.)
- Spread about 1 T of cream cheese on each slice of bread. Top with 4 candied tomatoes. Top with 2 -3 slices bacon. Add several crisp slices of lettuce and finish with the second slice of cream cheese spread bread. Give it a slight press. Slice on the diagonal and serve!
All rights and material belong to owners thisishowicook.com