Cabbage Roll Soup
No rolling cabbage here.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ lb. (90% lean) ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced into rounds
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (14.5-oz.) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 c. chopped cabbage (about 1 lb.)
- 4 c. low-sodium beef broth
- ½ c. long-grain white rice
- 1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves, plus more for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add beef, onion, and carrot; season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up beef with a wooden spoon, until beef is cooked through and vegetables are just tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, cabbage, broth, rice, Worcestershire, vinegar, brown sugar, paprika, oregano, and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until rice and veggies are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Divide soup among bowls. Top with more parsley before serving.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com