This simple soup recipe is made with chicken broth, vegetables and tiny pasta stars. It's the perfect cozy meal to enjoy when the weather turns cold!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 large carrots peeled and cut into about 3 inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks cut into about 3 inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion cut into quarters
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces cooked pastina or small pasta of your choice
- To a large stock pot, add the chicken broth, water, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and salt. Bring everything to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for about 45 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cook the pastina to al dente, drain and set aside.
- Once the vegetables are soft, remove them from the liquid and add them to a blender along with 1 cup of the liquid. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the puréed vegetables back into the liquid and stir. Serve the vegetable broth with the cooked pastina and enjoy!
All rights and material belong to owners therecipecritic.com