Pasta e Fagioli
Pasta e Fagioli will keep you warm all winter long.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ lb. spicy (or sweet) Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15-oz.) cans Great Northern Beans
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 4 c. Swanson Chicken Broth
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 1½ c. ditalini pasta (or other small shape)
- Freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large, deep pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in onion, carrots, and celery and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper, then add in beans (with their liquid), diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and rosemary. Bring to a boil, then stir in ditalini.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until pasta is al dente, about 8 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve in bowls garnished with Parmesan and parsley.