Million Dollar Pie
Named ‘Million Dollar Pie’ because it’s so rich and delicious, this scrumptious dessert is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple drained
- ¾ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 8-ounce container whipped topping thawed
- whipped topping
- pecans chopped or whole
- toasted coconut
- maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and salt. Add the melted butter and stir until it resembles wet sand and all the graham cracker crumbs are moistened.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan. You can use your fingers or the bottom of a flat glass or measuring cup to really press the crust together and up the sides.
- Place the crust in the fridge to chill while you prepare the filling.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice to a large bowl and whisk for 2-3 minutes, until thickened.
- To be sure the pineapple is fully drained, dump it into a fine mesh strainer and use the back of a spoon or rubber spatula to really press the pineapple against the mesh to get out all the juice. Add the pineapple, coconut, and pecans to the sweetened condensed milk. Stir to combine.
- Fold the whipped topping into the mixture and pour into the chilled crust.
- Chill the pie for at least 4 hours before serving. Top with additional whipped topping, pecans, toasted coconut, and maraschino cherries as desired. Serve chilled.
All rights and material belong to owners therecipecritic.com