Adding fresh corn to cornbread muffins makes them moist and delicious, you’ll never know they’re light!
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, from 2 medium ears
- 1 cup coarse yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour, such as Cup4Cup
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or skim milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil, such as canola or grapeseed
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin generously with oil.
- Place corn in a mini food processor and pulse a few times.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the milk, eggs, corn and 3 tablespoons neutral oil, such as canola or grapeseed. Stir just until the mixture comes together and only a few lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or golden and a toothpick inserted into center will come out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes, serve warm or cold.
All rights and material belong to owners skinnytaste.com