Million Dollar Spaghetti
Because everyone wants to be a millionaire.
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ½ c. finely grated fresh Parmesan
- ⅔ c. cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 32 oz. marinara
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti until very al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and return to pot. Add eggs, cream cheese, Parmesan, and cottage cheese and mix until the pasta is evenly coated in the egg-cheese mixture. Transfer mixture to a large baking dish.
- Make sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add beef and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat and season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Add marinara and bring mixture to boil, then reduce heat and simmer, 5 minutes.
- Spread sauce over the noodles in the baking dish, then cover with mozzarella. Bake until cheese is melted and starting to turn golden on top, about 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.