This giant Twix Cake tastes like the candy bar, only better.
- 11 oz. soft caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 Sara Lee pound cake, defrosted and kept in aluminum tin
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- Keep the pound cake in its aluminum loaf tin. Press against the tin so that each of the four sides are flush with the pound cake. (You want to create a seal to prevent caramel from leaking down sides.)
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt caramels. When beginning to melt, add the heavy cream. Stir occasionally, and cook until the caramels melt completely. Immediately remove from heat and pour over pound cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until caramel hardens.
- When the caramel is set, cut around the aluminum pan to reveal the cake. Remove the caramel-topped pound cake from the tin completely.
- Place a medium glass bowl over a pot of barely simmering water to create a double-boiler. Add chocolate and heat until melted through completely, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and pour melted chocolate over the pound cake to cover completely. Let cool until chocolate hardens.
This giant Twix Cake tastes like the candy bar, only better.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/76Bpyc7
Julkaissut Delish Keskiviikkona 24. tammikuuta 2018