Best-Ever Chicken Taco Soup
This taco soup is super easy and surprisingly healthy! It does have a bit of heat from the chipotles, so if that's not your thing, leave 'em out!
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 6 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (28-oz.) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 2 chipotles in adobo, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- FOR SERVING
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheddar
- Sliced green onions
- Lime wedges
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 6 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, chicken breasts, tomatoes, beans, corn, and chipotles. Stir to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil and season with salt and pepper. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken breasts from pot and place on cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken, then return to pot and stir to combine. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with desired toppings.
This cozy Chicken Taco Soup will warm you up instantly. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/zeaNzKk
Julkaissut Delish Perjantaina 25. tammikuuta 2019