Big Mac 'Gyoza'
Twisted's twist on Japan's favourite dumpling - all you need is a few cold beers and some massive chopsticks.
- 800g beef mince
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- Sliced white bread
- Sliced American-style cheese
- Chopped white onion
- Sesame seeds
- Big Mac Sauce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- Thoroughly mix together the beef mince, salt, garlic and pepper.
- Cut the crusts from the slices of white bread and, using water and a pastry brush, stick them together to make a square. Use a small plate to cut around and get a circle.
- Take a slice of cheese and place it in the middle followed by a small piece of burger mince. Brush one side of the circle with water and fold over, making little pleats as you go and pressing firmly together to get a gyoza shape. Brush with more water and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- In a wide saucepan heat a tbsp of oil and fry the cheeseburger gyoza on both sides. Place in the oven for 10 minutes until the meat is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ingredients for the sauce.
- Serve together & enjoy!