Santa Fe Skillet Chicken
Tex-Mex at its finest: This skillet chicken is topped with melty cheddar and a delicious black bean-red onion mixture.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 c. shredded cheddar
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with taco seasoning, cayenne pepper, and salt. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 8 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add garlic, onion, and peppers to skillet and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Stir in black beans until warmed through, then transfer mixture to a plate.
- Reduce heat to low and return chicken to skillet. Top with cheddar and black bean mixture, then cover and let cheese melt.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.