Beer Can Chicken
Say goodbye to dry chicken forever.
- 1 (3-4 lb.) whole chicken
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (12-oz.) can beer
- 1 lb. baby potatoes, quartered
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 400° and place oven rack in lower third of oven. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season generously all over with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, coriander, and garlic powder. Drizzle oil over chicken and rub all over, then rub chili powder mixture into chicken.
- Place carrots and potatoes into a large baking pan and season with salt and pepper. Pour about ⅓ of beer over veggies. Place cavity of chicken over open beer can and place in center of baking pan.
- Carefully place pan in oven and bake until a meat thermometer registers 160° in thickest part of thigh and breast, about 1 hour. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing.