Low-Carb Cabbage Dumplings
Because any dumpling is better than no dumpling.
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro
- ⅓ oz. plus 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 13 cabbage leaves
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine pork, 1 green onion, garlic, ginger, cilantro, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Add egg and mix until just combined.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch cabbage leaves until tender, about 1 minute.
- Cut each cabbage leaf in half lengthwise and remove core. Place about 1 tablespoon pork mixture onto one end of a leaf and roll up tightly, tucking in sides. Repeat with remaining pork and cabbage.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Working in batches, add dumplings, seam side down and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup water to skillet and cover with lid. Let steam until pork is cooked through, 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining dumplings.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ⅓ cup soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, and 1 green onion.
- Serve dumplings with dipping sauce.