Strawberry Chocolate Mousse Cups
This chocolate mousse is served in an EDIBLE CHOCOLATE CUP
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE SHELLS:
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- FOR THE MOUSSE FILLING:
- 1½ c. chocolate chips
- 2 c. heavy cream
- ⅔ c. powdered sugar
- Sliced strawberries, for serving
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil together in 30 second intervals. Spoon about 1½ tablespoons of melted chocolate into each liner. Gently tilt muffin tin to coat the bottom and sides of liners. Refrigerate until hardened, 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make filling: In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in 30 second intervals. Let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat heavy cream and powdered sugar to stiff peaks. Add about 2 tablespoons of cooled melted chocolate and continue to beat until incorporated. Add remaining melted chocolate and fold in until just combined. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Carefully unwrap chocolate cups from liners. Place mousse into a piping bag fitted with an open star tip and pipe into cups. Garnish with a strawberry slice and refrigerate until ready to serve.