Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
This is the ultimate Sunday morning breakfast.
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2¼ c. buttermilk
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. melted unsalted butter, plus more for serving
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 c. fresh blueberries, plus more for serving
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a small bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and soda, and sugar together with a fork. In a large mixing bowl, combine buttermilk, vanilla, butter, and eggs until well-mixed. Fold in dry ingredients and blueberries until just incorporated. Do not over-mix (batter should be lumpy).
- Heat griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add dab of butter and scoop ⅓ cup of batter on griddle. Cook for 2 minutes (bubbles will appear), then flip and cook 1 minute more. Pancakes should be golden brown.
- Repeat steps for remaining pancakes. Serve with butter, maple syrup, and blueberries.