Deep Fried Guac
Guacamole lovers, it's time to take your passion to the next level.
- 3 avocados, pitted
- 1 lime
- ¼ c. freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño (seeded if you prefer less heat)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more for serving
- 2 large eggs, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- 2 c. crushed tortilla chips
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Juice half the lime and slice the other half into wedges for serving. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine avocados, lime juice, cilantro, onion, jalapeño, and salt. Scoop tablespoon sized balls of guacamole onto baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Place beaten eggs and crushed tortilla chips in separate shallow bowls. Roll frozen guacamole first in chips, then egg, then chips again. Repeat until all guacamole balls are coated.
- Fill a large heavy-bottomed pot halfway with vegetable oil. Heat oil to 350°, then fry balls in batches until lightly golden, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Place on a paper-towel lined plate and season with salt. Transfer to serving dish and squeeze with lime.