Crème Brûlée Pancakes
Crème Brûlée Pancakes means its acceptable to eat dessert for breakfast.
- 1 (3.4-oz.) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1½ c. whole milk
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 c. buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- Cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk pudding with milk. Let sit while you make the pancakes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir, leaving a bit lumpy.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, then grease with a thin layer of cooking spray. Working in batches, add a quarter cup of batter to skillet. Cook until golden on underside, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook 2 minutes more. Stack pancakes on plates.
- Whisk pudding until smooth. Add slightly more milk, if necessary, so pudding is just pourable but still thick.
- Layer pancakes with pudding and pour pudding over top of pancake stacks. Sprinkle pudding generously with sugar and brûlée using a blowtorch.