Classic Creme Brulee
Classic Crème Brulee Recipe made with creamy custard and crisp caramelized topping is a great make ahead dessert to surprise your guests!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for topping
- 1 kettle of hot water
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Heat 2 cups heavy cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a sauce pan over a medium heat until it slightly starts to simmer. Turn off the heat and put the mixture aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat together 6 egg yolks and ⅓ cup granulated sugar for about 5 minutes until it has thicker consistency and pale color.
- Gradually, a little at a time, add cream and vanilla mixture to the eggs until well combined, constantly stirring.
- Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins and place them into a large baking pan. Pour hot water into the pan, covering ¾ of the ramekins.
- Bake at 325°F for about 30-35 minutes until Crème Brûlée is set but slightly jiggling in the center.
- When Crème Brûlée is done, remove it from the baking pan, cool off for 10 minutes, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle granulated sugar over the Crème Brûlée, and using a blow-torch, brown the sugar to a crispy top. Enjoy!