Bacon Weave Breakfast Sandwich
Bacon >>> bread.
- 12 slices bacon, halved
- Cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 2 slices cheddar
- Hot sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400º and place a baking rack inside of a baking sheet (to help catch grease). Make a bacon weave: On a baking sheet, line 3 bacon halves side-by-side on the pan. Lift one end of the middle bacon slice and place a fourth bacon half on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice. Lay the middle slice back down. Next, lift the two side strips of bacon and place a 5th bacon half on top of the middle piece and underneath the sides. Lay the side slices back down. Finally, lift the other end of the middle slice and place a 6th slice on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice. Repeat to make a second weave.
- Bake until bacon is crispy, 25 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to blot grease.
- Meanwhile, cook egg: Grease a medium skillet over medium heat with cooking spray. Spray the inside of a mason jar lid with cooking spray. Place mason jar lid in the center of skillet and crack an egg inside. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook 3 minutes until whites are set, then remove lid and continue cooking.
- Using the mason jar lid to trace a circle, trim edges of bacon weave with a sharp knife.
- Assemble sandwiches: Top each bottom bacon weave bun with mashed avocado, cheddar, fried egg, and hot sauce and sandwich with remaining bacon weave bun. Serve.