30 Minute Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken with Sesame Ginger Broccoli
One thing is for sure, dinner tonight is going to be teriyaki chicken…with probably double the pineapple, because again, pineapple freak here. Anyone else with me?
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 fresno chile pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 pound chicken breast or thighs
- ½ pineapple, cut into half moons
- 2 bunches broccoli or broccolini, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- kosher salt and pepper
- lime wedges, cilantro, and rice, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- To make the teriyaki sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, 1 tablespoon of the ginger, garlic, and fresno pepper.
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil shimmers, add the chicken and sear on both sides until lightly golden, about 2-3 minutes. Add the sauce and bring to a boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat and add the pineapple.
- Toss the broccoli with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1 tablespoon ginger, sesame seeds, salt and pepper. If your skillet is large enough, add the broccoli to the skillet with the chicken, if not, add to a roasting pan. Transfer both the chicken and broccoli to the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the broccoli lightly charred.
- Serve the chicken, pineapple and broccoli over a bed of rice with limes and cilantro. Enjoy!