Crock-Pot Chicken & Broccoli
Beef & broccoli is one of our favorite takeout dishes, so when we want a lighter take on it, we swap out the beef for boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- ¼ c. low-sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- ¼ c. honey
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
- Green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, ginger, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ketchup, Sriracha, and sesame oil.
- Add chicken to slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Pour over sauce and toss until combined.
- Cook on low until chicken is cooked through, 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and ¼ cup water and stir mixture into slow cooker to thicken sauce. Add broccoli to slow cooker and cook until tender, 1 hour more.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board and cut into small pieces, then return to slow cooker and toss until combined.
- Divide cooked rice among four serving containers, then top with chicken and broccoli mixture. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
Slow-Cooker Chicken & Broccoli = healthier than anything you'll find on a takeout menu. cc: Prevention MagazineFull recipe: http://dlsh.it/PZ7I38F
Julkaissut Delish Maanantaina 14. tammikuuta 2019