Strawberry milkshake cake
Strawberry milkshake cake is about to become your new favourite thing.
- FOR THE CAKE
- 225g (8oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 200g (7oz) caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 225 g 225g (8oz) self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 75 g 75g (3oz) strawberry milkshake powder
- 150 g 150g (5oz) condensed milk
- FOR THE ICING
- 500 ml (17 fl 0z) double cream
- 25g (1oz) strawberry milkshake powder
- 25g (1oz) icing sugar
- TO DECORATE
- 100g (3 ½oz) strawberries, sliced
- Strawberry dessert sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan) mark 4. Grease and flour a 30.5 x 20.5cm (12 x 8in) baking tin.
- Whisk together the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a handheld electric whisk, until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and milk. Using a large metal spoon, fold in the flour and 50g (2oz) of the nesquik until fully combined.
- Spoon into the tin, spread to level and bake for 30-35min until risen and springy to the touch. Leave to cool for 10min. Mix the remaining nesquik with the condensed milk in a small jug.
- While the cake’s still warm, use a wooden spoon handle to poke holes all over the cake, about halfway through. Slowly pour the condensed milk mixture all over the cake, spreading to cover and making sure it runs into the holes and fills them up. Leave to cool completely.
- Make the icing by gently whipping the double cream, nesquik and icing sugar in a large bowl until just holding it’s shape.
- Spread over the cake and decorate with sliced strawberries. Drizzle over some strawberry dessert sauce. Slice the cake in the tin into squares and serve.