Ginger Lime Whiskey Sour
Sweeten your week with a Ginger Lime Whiskey Sour.
- FOR THE GINGER SIMPLE SYRUP
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- ½ c. water
- 3" piece fresh ginger, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 oz. bourbon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. ginger simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- ½" ginger, for rim
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, water, and ginger. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil 6 minutes then remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Strain, using a small spatula to squeeze and press against ginger solids. Discard ginger.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add bourbon, lime juice, simple syrup, and egg white. Shake until well chilled.
- Rim the glass with cut ginger. Strain drink into a glass and garnish with a lime wedge and cherry.