Rum & Coke Cakes
Rum & Coke Cakes will get you perfectly tipsy.
- FOR THE CAKE
- Cooking spray
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
- ½ c. canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. Coca-Cola
- FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING
- 6 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1½ c. powdered sugar
- 3¾ c. heavy cream, cold
- 3 tbsp. gold rum
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Caramel, for drizzling
- Gold rum nips, for serving
- Make cake: Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9"-x-13" baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cake mix, oil, and eggs until smooth and combined. Slowly whisk in Coke until fully combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 25 minutes. Let cool completely, then cut cake into 1" cubes.
- Meanwhile, make frosting: In a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in cream, rum, vanilla, and salt and beat until medium-stiff peaks form.
- Place 4 cake cubes in the bottom of each serving glass, top with a dollop of rum whipped cream, and drizzle with caramel. Repeat layering until glasses are full.
- Serve with a rum nip toppled upside-down in each glass.