Tricolore Skillet Lasagna
Skillet Lasagna is your favorite dinner made easy.
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz. lasagna noodles
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 (28-oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 6 oz. prepared basil pesto (¾ c.)
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- ½ c. grated Parmesan (2 oz.), plus more for serving
- Fill a large oven-safe, straight-sided skillet (preferably 12") about ¾ full with water and bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and return to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook, turning often with tongs, two minutes less than the package directions for al dente (usually about 7 minutes). Transfer noodles to an oiled baking sheet and gently toss to coat. Drain skillet.
- Preheat broiler to high with a rack in the upper third. Heat olive oil in the same skillet over medium-high. Add onion and garlic and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring often, until onions begin to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, breaking them up with your hands as you add them to the skillet, and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the noodles, tossing gently and letting them fold onto themselves until evenly coated with the sauce. Dollop with the pesto and top with the mozzarella and Parmesan. Transfer skillet to the oven and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving, topped with more Parmesan.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com