Cherry Tomato Pasta
This Cherry Tomato Pasta is restaurant-worthy.
- Kosher salt
- 12 oz. orecchiette
- ⅓ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 5 c. cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1½ lb. total)
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- ½ c. finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Chopped fresh basil leaves, for servi
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, usually 2 to 3 minutes less than package instructions. Reserve 1 c. pasta water and drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large straight-sided skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and light golden, about 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring, until paste is brick-red, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and ¾ tsp. salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are tender and starting to burst, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute. Add pasta, Parmesan, and ½ c. reserved pasta water. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens and coats pasta, about 2 minutes more. Add more reserved pasta water by the tbsp., if necessary, to thin sauce so it coats pasta.
- Divide pasta among bowls. Top with Parmesan, red pepper flakes, and basil.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com