Creamy melty queso, charred roasted corn, fresh jalapeño and garlic, and some cilantro and chili powder. YUM.
- Elotes Queso:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups milk (we recommend evaporated milk – see notes)
- 1 cup shredded V&V Supremo® Chihuahua® Brand Quesadilla Cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2–3 ears of corn, roasted (2 cups)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup V&V Supremo® Queso Fresco
- chili powder
- limes to squeeze over chips
- CHIPS duh
- Garlic and Jalapeño: Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the jalapeños and garlic and sauté for 5-10 minutes, until very soft and fragrant (but don’t burn or brown the garlic).
- Flour, Milk, and Cheese: Add flour and stir until everything is coated – about one minute. Add the milk slowly and whisk until a smooth bubbly mixture comes together. Remove from heat and stir in the Chihuahua® Brand Quesadilla Cheese until smooth and melty. Low and slow!
- Topping and serving: Season with salt and stir in most of the corn. Arrange a little “elotes pile” on top: remaining corn, cilantro, queso fresco, and chili powder. Best served warm with tortilla chips for dipping! YUUUUUM.
All rights and material belong to owners pinchofyum.com