Black Forest Trifle for Christmas
The dark chocolate paired with cherries and condensed milk are a match made in heaven.
- 2x 397 grams condensed milk
- 125ml lemon juice
- 1 x 425 grams tinned pitted and halved cherries
- 120 grams grated quality dark chocolate
- 500 grams smooth cottage cheese
- 1 dark chocolate swiss roll 600 grams
- 150 grams flaked almonds
- 200 grams fresh pitted cherries
- Whipped cream and cherry liqueur
- Mix condensed milk with cottage cheese and lemon. Whisk until smooth.
- Slice swiss roll and place a layer on the base of the serving dish. I made the individual in the images but you can also make it in a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with cherry liqueur.
- Dot with pitted cherries.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds
- Spoon a layer of condensed milk mix over cake and sprinkle with dark chocolate.
- Repeat until all your layers are in, ending with cottage cheese mixture and grated chocolate. You can top with whipped cream and fresh cherries!
All rights and material belong to owners melissa-delport.com