Creamy Garlic Corn Chicken with Cheesy Polenta.
Creamy Garlic Corn Chicken with Cheesy Polenta: A simple, quick delicious meal of late summer comfort food suitable for any night of the week!
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup dry polenta
- ½ cup gouda cheese, or grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups raw corn kernels
- ½ cup heavy cream or canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- To make the polenta. In a medium pot, add 2 cups water and the milk. Bring to a low boil, then whisk in the polenta, stirring until the polenta is soft and thick, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the parmesan, butter, and season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat off, cover the pot, and let the polenta sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the chicken. Toss the chicken with the cornstarch.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, chicken, 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, and a big pinch of pepper. Cook 5-minutes, until browned. Stir in the corn, garlic, and thyme and continue to cook until the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the cream and stir in 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning. Cook 1-2 minutes to warm through, adding water or additional cream to thin the sauce. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon zest and basil.
- Spoon the polenta into bowls, then spoon the chicken and creamy corn sauce over the polenta. Eat and enjoy!
All rights and material belong to owners halfbakedharvest.com