Cheesy Polenta With Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Cheesy Polenta with Grilled Shrimp Skewers will be your new go-to, all summer long.
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 oz. shishito peppers
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes
- 5 c. water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. coarse polenta
- 7 tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1½ finely grated Grana Padano PDO cheese, lightly packed, plus more for serving
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil, for oiling grill grate
- 1 lime, halved, plus lime wedges, for serving
- Roughly chopped mint, for serving
- Assemble skewers: If using wooden skewers, let soak in water for 15 minutes. Thread shrimp, shishitos, and cherry tomatoes onto 12 skewers, alternating ingredients as desired. Place in refrigerator, covered, until ready to grill.
- Make polenta: In a large pot over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add 1½ teaspoons salt. Whisking constantly, add polenta in a slow, steady stream. Reduce heat to maintain a steady, low boil, and continue to cook, whisking vigorously throughout, until polenta is tender, 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Cube 4 tablespoons butter and add to polenta, along with cheese. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of polenta while skewers grill.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter and place in a small bowl. Add garlic.
- Preheat grill to high. Brush and oil grill grate. Remove skewers from refrigerator, brush with garlic butter, and season with salt and pepper. Place skewers onto grill and grill, turning once, until shrimp is cooked through and tomatoes and shishitos are charred, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove skewers from grill and squeeze lime halves on top.
- Remove plastic wrap from polenta and rewarm over medium heat, stirring and adding water ¼ cup at a time, until warm and a pourable consistency is reached. Divide polenta and skewers among shallow bowls and serve, topped with additional cheese, lime wedges, and chopped mint.