Chorizo and Fried Egg Breakfast Tacos
They’re pretty simple to make and totally satisfying.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 baby potatoes, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 8 ounces chorizo
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 4 lightly charred (5-6 inch) corn tortillas
- crumbled queso fresco, optional
- hot sauce for serving
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add oil.
- Add potatoes and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add shallots and garlic and continue to sauté for an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add chorizo and stir together until everything is well combined.
- Continue to cook mixture for about 5 minutes or until chorizo has cooked through and potatoes are just about fork tender. Stir in 1 tablespoon chives and cilantro and cook mixture for about 1 minute, Remove from heat and adjust seasonings.
- Place a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon. Once butter melts and pan is hot add 2 eggs and fry until the whites have cooked through, the edges are crispy and the yolks are still runny 4 to 6 minutes. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer fried eggs to a baking sheet and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining butter and eggs.
- To assemble: Spread tortillas out on a large platter and top each with a quarter of the chorizo-potato mixture. Top each taco with a fried egg and finish with a sprinkle of chives, some crumbled cheese (if using) and some hot sauce. Serve.
All rights and material belong to owners spoonforkbacon.com