Fried Chicken & Poached Egg on Brioche Toast With Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce
Chicken and waffles and eggs benedict fans will go wild over this cross between the two classic brunch recipes. This recipe makes two servings.
- 2 thick slices brioche bread or your favorite bread, toasted
- 2 eggs, poached or fried (learn how to poach an egg)
- lettuce leaves (optional)
- black sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk or regular milk
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- olive oil
- Chipotle Hollandaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 chipotle and 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from canned chipotles in adobo
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Combine the flour, paprika and seasoned salt in a bowl. Season with black pepper, to taste. Put the milk into another bowl. Dip the chicken into the milk and then into the seasoned flour. Put the chicken in a baking pan and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven, flipping the chicken halfway through the cooking time, for about 35 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- While the chicken bakes, make the hollandaise sauce. Put the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and chipotle and sauce into a blender. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Slowly pour in the melted butter and blend until thickened.
- To assemble, put a piece of the brioche on a plate. Top with some lettuce, then the hot chicken breast and then the poached egg. Pour the chipotle hollandaise sauce over the top. Garnish with black sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately. Serves two.
All rights and material belong to owners 30seconds.com