Copycat Panera Frontega Chicken Panini
Skip the trip to #Panera and grab a panini press cause you're making our copycat recipe of the Frontega Chicken Panini
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped, plus 2 tsp. adobo sauce
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- 1½ c. shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 (4"x4") slices focaccia, halved horizontally
- ¼ c. fresh basil leaves
- 4 oz. mozzarella, room temperature, sliced ¼" thick
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced ¼" thick
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir mayonnaise, chile, adobo sauce, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Place chicken in a medium heatproof bowl. Cover and microwave in 15-second increments, stirring between each, until warmed through, about 1 minute total.
- Lay focaccia bottoms on a clean surface. Spread about 2 tablespoons chipotle mayo over each slice; top with basil. Arrange ¾ cup chicken over each slice; season with pepper. Top each with 2 slices mozzarella and 2 slices tomato; generously season with salt and pepper. Top each with 2 slices onion. Spread about 2 tablespoons chipotle mayo onto cut sides of each focaccia top and close sandwiches.
- Heat a panini press or a large heavy pan over medium heat. Brush with oil. Working in batches if necessary, add sandwiches to panini press or pan; close press or top sandwich with another heavy pan.
- Cook sandwiches until focaccia is crisp and golden brown on both sides and mozzarella is melted, 3 to 4 minutes. If toasting in a pan, cook until golden to brown and toasty on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes, then remove top pan, flip sandwiches, and continue to cook until golden brown on top and mozzarella is melted, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve hot.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com