Creamy Feta-Lemon Penne With Asparagus
Our perfect spring dinner.
- Kosher salt
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter or extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced into rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium lemon (about 2 tsp.), divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (5.3-oz.) container plain Greek yogurt (preferably 5% fat or more)
- 4 oz. feta (about 1 c.), crumbled into small pieces, plus more for serving
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh dill, divided
- ¼ c. coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta, stirring occasionally, until al dente according to package directions. Reserve 2 cups pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add asparagus and shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 1 minute. Add garlic and half of lemon zest; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is bright green and tender and shallots are lightly caramelized, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and add pasta, yogurt, feta, 2 tablespoons dill, and remaining lemon zest, stirring to combine. Stir in pasta water a couple tablespoons at a time to thin sauce to desired consistency; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta among plates. Top with walnuts, more feta, and remaining 1 tablespoon dill.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com