Sheet-Pan Lemon Butter Chicken Thighs
Butter makes everything better—especially when it’s mixed with lemon zest, thyme, and oregano, then slathered on baked chicken.
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, softened, divided
- 1¼ lb. baby potatoes, halved
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon zested and thinly sliced
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh thyme, divided, plus more leaves for serving
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano, divided
- 2½ lb. bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 small red onion, halved and cut into ¾" wedges
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- Preheat oven to 425°. Using a spatula, spread 2 tablespoons butter on the bottom of a large rimmed baking sheet. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast until they just start to turn golden, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together remaining 6 tablespoons butter, lemon zest, 3 teaspoons thyme, and 1 teaspoon oregano.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Rub butter mixture all over chicken, including under the skin. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon thyme and ½ teaspoon oregano.
- Add onion, lemon slices, and garlic to baking sheet and toss with potatoes. Nestle chicken thighs among potato mixture. Roast until golden and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°, about 35 minutes.
All rights and material belong to owners delish.com